Monday, April 28, 2014

Assess and Test Prep

To prepare for the STAAR test I used the RTs in a few different ways.  I had students use a website called "studystack", which is an online flashcard site.  I also have students do several online labs.  I did have difficulty in assessing these activities.  It was difficult for me to tell if the students were actually thinking through the material, or just "playing games".

I tried using Google Docs and Google Forms to have them answer questions and find interactive sites on the internet.  The students do well with the Google Docs presentation in the computer lab, but the tools are difficult to use with the RT's mouse.  For the word document, students had a difficult time managing multiple students working on the same page.  There was a lot of  "accidentally on purpose" deleting.

No comments:

Post a Comment