Monday, April 28, 2014

Keep Learning

Because technology is changing so quickly, it is important for teachers to stay updated with it.  There are so many programs, though it's difficult to decide which programs I want to invest time and effort into learning.  I have utilized CourseEra for professional development and found it useful.  I have not used it for technology yet.  I know that there are courses offered at the Admin building, however there are several conflicts because of mandatory meetings and tutorials after school.

I wish I would have known about the technology immersion program over the summer so I could have had more time to explore and prepare.  Because it happened in Feb/Mar it was more difficult to implement because it conflicted with test prep.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are finding alternatives for learning. Just like you have found learning communities with science, there are also technology learning communities. You can find communities on Edmodo, #edtech on Twitter, Microsoft Partners in Learning is worldwide.

    ReplyDelete